The Poly Band Stand TM is generally sold with custom graphics. EM-BEE ideas can offer custom lettering, logos and graphics on your band fronts and yes the prices for graphics can range widely. You may desire to save a little money by creating a logo yourself or you may have a friend who will do it for free. By following a few rules you might be able to bypass any art charges. Don’t worry if you can’t create a design we are here to help you. Our charges are very modest. If your art work is not created properly we will have to reject it. Please DO NOT send low resolution (72dpi) .jpegs or .gifs pulled off the Internet except to show colors or ideas. They are worthless for reproduction.
IF YOU HAVE A GRAPHIC AND WOULD LIKE A QUOTE, PLEASE EMAIL THE FILE TO US BEFORE YOU CALL US FOR A PRICE. WE CAN NOT QUOTE YOU IF WE CAN NOT SEE THE GRAPHIC AND EVALUATE IT. PLEASE INCLUDE A PHONE NUMBER!
IF YOU ARE NOT SURE, PLEASE CALL US BEFORE YOU CREATE YOUR MASTERPIECE, ONLY TO FIND WE CAN NOT ACCEPT IT.
1. Use an professional graphics program (CorelDRAW, Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop). Sorry we do not support any other programs.
2. Size all artwork to the actual size and scale. A 24″ Stand has a live area of 15-1/2″ wide X 22″ tall. A 32″ Stand has a live area of 15-1/2″ wide X 30″ tall. A 40″ Stand has a live area of 15-1/2″ wide X 38″ tall. An 8-1/2″ X 11″ is not the proper scale.
3. Convert all text (Fonts) to “Curves”, “Paths” or “Outlines”. Our fonts may not be the same as yours. Text can move all over the place when reset using a different font…even if it has the same name.
4. Scanned images or bitmap images must be a true minimum resolution 150 dpi.at actual size and scale. Do not send higher resolution file, as they will not increase the quality of the finished product and will only cause problems with email delivery.
5. Printed images are printed CMYK. Many Commercial colors are not reproduceable via our printing methods.
6. Additional charges for color matching. Please know that the colors you see on screen or from your printer may not match our printed results. Because software, inks and material can change (and that EM-BEE ideas has no control over these changes), or materials may become unavailable, EM-BEE ideas can not guarentee that your reorders will match earlier results.
7. DO NOT flatten Photoshop images if you expect us to make any adjustments.
8. If you have not prepared a professional graphic before and expect to use a “Junior” program, you may be creating more work and accure more art charges than if you allow us to start your project from scratch.
9. In all cases check with us BEFORE YOU START your work to make sure you can provide a proper file.
We manufacture our graphics primarily from cutting sheets of vinyl film much like pinstriping a car. Our machines are concerned with the shape or VECTOR of the elements (Letters or logos) that make up your design. Bitmaps or scans are made up of dots (RASTOR IMAGES). Bitmaps must be converted and edited into “VECTORS”. An image that may look somewhat ok on screen (72dpi) may not be at all acceptable for vectorizing. It would also not hold up to enlargement for your band front. We do have software to assist us in the conversion process but does not work well on small low resolution bitmaps.
You may specify the color in your drawing, but vinyl comes in a wide but limited range. The actual color is determined by the roll of material that we load in the cutter. We have many colors to chose from but can not color match vinyl to Commercial Colors. We will make the closest match that we can.
We also produce large format color printed vinyl decals. We have the ability to print and cut the shapes of the logo. Our printed images use a CMYK color system. Many Commercial colors and metallics are not reproduceable via CMYK color systems. But we get excellent results if the file you generate is of professional quality.
You may email your files to [email protected] for review. If you are not sure please call us at 314-966-4129 to discuss your needs. If you have a very large file 5 megs or larger we would prefer that you snail mail it to us on a CD. Email tends to mess up large files. Also many email servers will reject large attachments. If you are sending us several files attach only one file per email, especially AOL users.
Don’t worry we can always create a nice logo from your ideas or sketches at a reasonable price. We will also design a logo to fit your overall budget.